Lessons For Children
Children (from 6 years old up to and including 18 years) can receive instrumental lessons from our experienced tutors.
These are scheduled from 5.30 to 8.30pm. As far as possible, they are one-to-one lessons. However, provision can also be in the form of group lessons, especially in the early stages of learning an instrument. .
As soon as players have gained sufficient experience, they join the ‘Premier Band’. When this session finishes there is the option to join to continue as part of Main Band.
Lessons For Adults
Instrumental lessons for adult complete beginners are subject to availability. The progression pathway is as it is for children.
Many of the Band’s members have gone on to play in the National Jazz Youth Orchestra and the London Schools’ Symphony Orchestra. Some have become professional musicians, and include Mark Mondesir, the jazz percussionist and David Jean-Baptiste, the jazz reed player and composer.
Our current tutors are:
- John Bennett – (Brass) – email@example.com
- Jon Heeley – (Brass) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kizzy Brooks – (Percussion) – email@example.com
- Rachel Bartlett – (Woodwind) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simon McChesney – (Woodwind) – email@example.com